Friday, August 31, 2012

Over sized Picture
You've probably seen these all over Pinterest, it's the same thing, I just made mine a bit smaller.

Estimated time to complete: 30 minutes
Estimated cost: roughly $15

Things you'll need:

Engineering print from Staples
MDF board
Mod podge (or watered down glue)

1. Upload your picture to Staples.  Chose the engineering print option (you can also do a colored print but it is probably 3 times the price, but it'll work the same way).  They'll let you know when it's printed. (I chose the A1 size roughly 3X2ft.)

2. Cut your board to the size of your print.  (I cut mine about an 1/8 of an inch smaller so I could wrap the picture around.)

3. Paint your board with your mod podge.

4. While the board is tacky place your print on top, being sure to eliminate the air bubbles.


That's it!!!! I chose a thin MDF board so I couldn't add hardware to the back to hang it, so what I did when I hung it was just nailed through the corners.  I hope to buy some crown molding to frame it when I have some free time (and some money!)

No comments:

Post a Comment