Friday, August 31, 2012

What a crazy busy summer.  I haven't stopped making things, just been too busy to post.  So here goes.   This is the wreath that I made for my daughter's teacher at the end of the year.    I got the idea off of another Pinterest user.

Estimated time of completion: 1 hour
Estimated cost: roughly $10

Things needed:

Embroidery hoops X2 one large one small
Box of crayons (I used a couple boxes because I wanted certain colors, but I bought them from the dollar store so still really cheap.)
Ribbon of your choosing
Sticker letters
Small square (for 'chalkboard')
Glue gun
Black paint
White paint


1. Plug in your hot glue gun so that it will be ready when you need it.

2. If you want a specific color order set it out now.  If you don't just set out your crayons.

3. Undo the embroidery hoops.  Place the smaller one (without the hardware) in side the bigger one.

4.(Sometimes the husband has a brilliant idea, this time he did and of course it was AFTER I'd already completed this.  If you're a bit of a perfectionist, obviously I'm not, place a bowl, or paper towel holder inside the smallest hoop. This will ensure that you have a perfect circle of crayons) Start placing your crayons around the small hoop.

5. Glue the crayons around the hoops placing a drop of glue on the crayons to meet the small and large hoops.

6. Once all the glue is dried, determine what side you want to be the top.  Place your ribbon there to use as a "hook".

7. To create the chalkboard, paint a small square black.  Once it has dried paint on the teacher's name and school year.

8. Place whatever saying you want around the wreath.

That's it.  It was pretty easy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment