Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Treasured Life

I know we all say that we value or treasure our lives, but I don't think we do. Not really anyway. Today, I was taken back. My 5 year old is learning to read. While preparing to make dinner tonight she wanted to help. So, I let her help with the rice. She "reads" everything, but she had to sound out every letter. She was sounding out "warm" from the rice maker. It took her a few tries, but she eventually got it on her own. But, she was able to read the word "cook" without having to sound it out. I sat there amazed. Then I starting thinking, "isn't it just amazing how our brain processes things. We can look at a word and within a nanosecond we know what it says." I just stood at the sink with the water overflowing from the pot I was cleaning and just thought about how we take for granted everything in life. I've decided from today forward, I'm not going to. I'm going to appreciate everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment