Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Upcycled Wipe Container

This is not an original ideal on my part. I wish I had thought of it, but sadly I haven't. This is something that I found on Pinterest from this site. (http://tatertotsandjello.com/2011/07/summer-social-guest-project-make_21.html)
While, mine didn't work out so well as a bag dispenser, it can be used for lots of things!
It's SO EASY!!!

Estimated time to complete: 20 minutes

Here's what you'll need:
Empty wipe dispensing bottle (lysol, clorox etc.)
contact paper
scissors

Here's what you do:

1. After you've used up all your wipes, wash out the container and let air dry.
2. Find a roll of contact paper you want to use. (I scored this awesome Zebra printed one, from the dollar store!!)
3. Unroll the contact paper and lay the container on it.
4. Measure how much paper you'll need. (Little tip, go about 1/8 inch short on the top and bottom, so that the paper doesn't get in the way of the lid or the bottom for balancing.)
5. Cut out the amount you'll need.
6. Peel of the backing of the contact paper and carefully lay the container on it. Roll the container so that it is covered. Remove bumps and bubbles as you go.

That's it! You could also add a little sticker to the label if you wanted, but I didn't go that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment